Saturday, November 25, 2006

An exciting ride ahead

Today I woke up feeling like I could fall right back to sleep. However, managed to pull myself out of bed and went to have breakie with my usual makan kakis' ie DC (Daniel) and Meng Hong. Joey was there as well....but he's not the usual.

Nothing unusual happened today except that I was reminded of a few truths in my life which make me appreciate life in general a little bit more.

(a) AJ text me asking me for breakie. Though I'd already eaten, I accompanied her in a nearby coffee shop. Then chatted with her for awhile. Sat with her throughout the whole meeting. She's been such a great friend. Like a big sis to me. Known her for ages dy and really she has always been there. She loved me when I was a wreck. She loves me now when I am not such a wreck. Am really grateful for her.

(b) I am daddy's number one fan. Dad is my all time favourite preacher, not because he's my dad but because I enjoy his preaching. Sure, dad ain't hip and happening (far from it, I think though in food/ restaurants....dad is way better than my sis and me) but he has substance and he is not demeaning. Like it when he speaks in point form....Fyi, just for the footnote, noticed dad's shirts are looking better these days......guess what? He bought them himself! Finally years of sticking near mum and me is bearing fruit =)

(c) Kenneth and I always have thoughts flying through our heads while we're listening to the sermons or in meetings. And usually we have some mutual understanding in what we are ok or not ok with. Realise today was another example of why we are better friends than I am with others. Sometimes words need not be said. Just a common eye contact or a nod or a weird smile indicating,"Hmmmm.......".....

(d) Meng Yoe looks way cuter in short boyish haircut and should seriously consider maintaining the look. He looks ugly any other way. Wish people would stop lying to him about his long hair equals hot. On a more personal note, I was not feeling well last night and he sent me home. Guess Yoyo has been and still is the best bro any girl could have.

(e) My sister and I both thought the guy "Tosh" in the video presentation was cute. Great minds think alike. Beyond the looks, I guess in many ways, my sis and I share similar values and principles and for that I am glad we are family.

(f) The Indian people I saw in the video were so passionate about revival in their lives and their nation. I envied them and covet that for us here. And also realise sometimes I get too caught up in the "I need to look good" thing and realise alot of the youths like to criticise me about certain things and realise that I need to just deal with it and not succumb to it. There are bigger issues at stake here.

(g) DC mentioned to me this morning again that every time he looks at me, he sees more and more of mum in me, as in looks wise and that in 20 years time, I am going to look like mum today. I thought about it and figured it's a good thing. More than just looks, mum is a superwoman. She is capable in her career, in admin stuff, sure she is a bit fessed up at times over stuff like cleanliness and silly other things which she considers important but she has a kind heart, compassionate toward the less fortunate, chatterbox by nature, etc.....and fashion style which leave my friends wondering why I can't dress more trendy. Love mudd alot.

(h) During the entire day and especially so during the 365 Comm Mtg, I was excited and scared at the same time of the great things God is going to do in our youth group. We're aiming to grow to 3,000 pax in 3 years. I am considering many things and really logically speaking there is only so much we can do. However, Kenneth and I have ALWAYS at the end of every year told each other, we are who we are and what we have because of God's grace. And I believe that as the comm and the youth group put their hearts and mind to it, we will indeed witness a miracle. I am so so so excited!!!!! Not going to miss this for the world, man!!!!

Ok...off to read proposals from the comm and do some reading then it's light outs. Yes, I am a baby. I sleep early.

No comments: