Thursday, November 02, 2006

Annual Bday @ Popo's Plc

Due to the extremely hectic schedules for the last and upcoming 2 weekends, we decided to have the annual birthday dinner on a weekday. The day before I started work at EY to be precise. Was extremely tired that day. The day had taken an unexpected turn in the morning and was out since then. It was not only a physical tiredness that plagued me but also realised the emotional roller coaster ride was to get worse. Not something to look forward to, is it?

Anyway, possibly the only happy thing that took place that day was the dinner. On our way out, dad had to experiment his fingers on the cam again so once again, I was volunteered to model with my sis. Strangely enough, we both wore red not on purpose though. What a colour for the occasion.

Anyway, dinner was a delicious as usual. Popo cooked wantan mee since every birthday there has to be noodles but I always prefer rice to noodles unless it's wantan mee. Then there was a whole pot of curry chicken with tons of potatoes. There were fried prawns, sui kows, pai kuat, green vege and I can't remember what else. Auntie Choo also went to the morning market and bought me my favourite "lo mai chi". Sweetness personified.


After dinner, spent a considerable time posing with Janelle (my baby cousin). She has really grown. A real bundle of fat now, like a small version of a female sumo wrestler. Reason behind this is because her parents (my uncle and aunt) are rather on the big side. Put it this way, if everything goes as logical as it looks, I will be the smallest grandkid on both sides. Splendid. The best things (and people) come in small packages.

Last but not least, I love my Popo for the following reasons:-
(a) for being considerate,
(b) for being thoughtful,
(c) and for whatever it's worth, for never chasing me to get married, for believing that her granddaughter deserves the best and should only marry someone she loves and not because her bio clock is ticking.
(d) for looking after me when I was young,
(e) for caring for me when Alex put me thru hell.

Thumbs up for my Pops!!! Every year, I look forward to this but on 31.10.06, my heart was not free to be happy. But pops made it better.

Tomorrow will be a hallmark in my life. As I saw this quote, something stirred within me. How simple yet profound it is.

"We are not what we know but what we are willing to learn." May Catherine Bates

May this be something I will always believe in.

No comments: