The last weekend this seem to be the prevailing emphasis.
Just as I was standing by the stage waiting to go up and do offering, I secretly wished the worship team would sing "We're here by grace". Of course, they didn't but Un Wah Lok did.
On Friday night, dad and I had an emo talk. I was emo, he was not. Talked about various aspects of my life and one of the constant topics has always been my career path/ choice. Alot of people have not been all that agreeable to my long (not to mention terribly late and unsafe) working hours. And though these are not the reasons why I enjoy my work, however I still maintain the stand there is something more I can learn.
Just on Friday evening, I'd received a phone call from a lady from another church whose age would be like ma's, I think...Within the conversation, she must have asked me how long do I plan to work like this about 5 times. Sigh. Trust me, I am getting less and less convinced that this is the way to go. But I have always set a timeline so till that time comes, the journey must continue.
Back to the service this morning. I was so blessed by the song items. I could not help but look and think to myself that God has really done something in Un Wah Lok's life. He is so much more radiant (I know this word is usually used for women but can't think of a similar word for a male so this will have to do). And am reminded it is truly by the grace of God.
A friend and I were discussing about long distance relationships and whether it works, is it practical......
I am of the stand that if one has not started the relationship and one party has to be away, then best to just not start at all. However if the relationship has started and in the middle if one is seconded to another location/ country, then there is room for re-evalution of the continuity of the relationship. And if the relationship is strong and ready for marriage, should the couple consider marriage sooner because one is going to be away so that both parties can be together?
There was no conclusion. Guess different people have different perspectives.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment