Sometimes we deceive ourselves. We hide behind many deeds (good ones, I think).....somewhat "holy" ones......but was reminded that obedience is better than sacrifice. If one is not walking in the center of His will, one has disobeyed. Such a sobering truth.
On Saturday night amidst the pouring rain and chilly wind, I was sober. Very sober. Was truly inspired by Ps.Yuen Woh's honesty. No glamour, no public applause. Alot of hard work. Alot of heartache. Alot of struggle. As a result of that, a new strength, a new resilience, a new dependency. Like a miracle is being worked out day by day.
Guess it's not about church planting. It's about my every day lifestyle. Do I live a life He can be proud of? Am I where He wants me to be? Faithful in the little?
God, I don't know what You have in store for me in the future. Everything has always and remains to be uncertain. I can only hope that my heart is always tender before You, that my heart will be good soil to receive what You want me to do. Give me the courage to let go of things and people that are not from You. Let me see little value in them. Give me new insight. Let me fall in love with You all over again. I choose to enjoy my journey in life. Make my heart Your home. In your precious name. Amen.
Front row: Jess, Jo, me, Rachelle? Samantha, Jacqueline, Viv, Roseanne?
Back row: Garrett, Sam, Nic, Victor, Ee Huei
Something I look forward to everytime there is a workers conference. Picture of full timers kids along with the rest of the pioneer kids and of course, the other pastors' kids.People who understand the world I grew up in of which others do not.
Have to continue working. Blogged to de-stress. Stress level has increased tremendously over the last 3 days. Sleepless nights are a frequent thing. I need to do this for another year. Then take stock of my life. Till later....

No comments:
Post a Comment