Monday, December 04, 2006

A different view from Sg Petani

I arrived in Penang around 9 plus last night. Boy, were we starving. Had a quick bite at New Lane before heading to my colleague's place in Kampung Melayu to spend the night.

We arrived at my client's place in Sg Petani this morning. What can I say? It's full of paddy fields and terribly peaceful. To say life here is different would be an understatement. However, it's a good change.

Still recovering from a horrid flu. Client's place is awfully cold. I am freezing here. Sigh. This is not the ideal environment to get well. Badly want to get well as I want to be able to enjoy camp and technically it's difficult to teach and pray for others when one is on medication.


Have yet to check into the hotel. Guess it should be ok. It has a bowling alley next to it. Not that I am a bowling fan. Can't bowl even if you paid me to =P

Missing my bed very much. While in Penang yesterday and early this morning, I am reminded why I love it so much. Love water and the scenery. Gives me a feeling that words can't possibly describe. Water does mesmerize me in some ways. Makes me step back and take stock about what counts in life.

I asked my colleague whether it's true that Penangnites don't appreciate the sea as much as us outsiders do cos they had it with them all their lives. She said yes. Haahaahaaa.....we're always like that, I suppose. We only appreciate something/ someone when it/ he/ she is not around us often. Absence makes the heart grow fonder huh?

I think I could be bias but if I had the opportunity to be mesmerized by the sea every day, I would go for it if not for the lack of time. Silly people to live on an island and yet take it for granted. I would buy a condo overlooking the sea and just bask in its beauty.

Rather tired dy. Been working non-stop the whole day. Tonight is another long night working at the hotel and looking through camp stuff. Quite looking forward to it. Bet the rest of the youths are. Hope they are la cos the comm has been working their butts off.

Ok, it's back to work. Can't wait till Sat. Possibly the only duh thing is I am so near Penang yet I can't go to the beach =(

But I am reminded yet again that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

No comments: