During the Raya break, I went away to Taiping and Penang with Sam, Mun, Joshy and Joshy's hostel mate, Yung Leong.
We started out from Subang Jaya at the ungodly hour of 6am due to Mun's insistence of us having breakfast in good old Ipoh. When we arrived at Ipoh, the place was so crowded. Never....and I repeat never have I seen such perseverance for food. I think if this sort of situation were to arise in KL, the place would have to either expand or they will be at risk of closing down. KL people are probably not so patient. We waited about half an hour for our table. That is not the end of it, the place was so crowded till the tim sum cart could not be pushed properly. People were just going to the cart and taking the food themselves. We were no exception. Madness!!!We arrived in Taiping in time for lunch at Sam's house. His mum cooked us a sumptious meal. After the heavy meal, we headed for the famous Taiping lake. We wanted to paddle something at the lake area. Kah Mun was so mean. He didn't want to paddle with me in fear that he would be the one doing all the work for us to move ahead. So Joshy was sweet enough to partner me while Mun and Yung Leong went together. Fyi, Kah Mun and Yung Leong got stuck somewhere at the beginning. Never look down at me, man!!!! You reap what you sow.
After the exercise (it was hard work paddling k), we made our way to the zoo. Before we could enter (but after buying the tix), it started to pour. We continued on anyhow. The zoo has a variety of animals. My favourite were the rhinos. I think the zoo was fun other than the fact it was pouring and that some parts of it could have been better maintained. Apparently Taiping is known for alot of first ie first jail, first zoo, first lake, etc.After that we were just so zonked out. Both Kenneth and myself had cuts on our feet dy. We went back to Sam's church where we stayed in the guest rooms at the top floor. We took a shower and I fell asleep. Woke up to have dinner and then came back. We broke the key to the grill of our floor so we moved some furniture around to block the entrance.

We headed for Penang the very next morning for breakfast. We were a tad bit too early but by the time we parked and found the place to eat, it was just about right. Afterwhich we went to have ice kacang with Phui Yee and her friend. Then met Sue Min and went to this so called private beach. Initially we all had this idea it would be fun, but when we got there, I felt fear. Cos it was too secluded. So we drove all the way there for nothing really. Sigh.
We took a long drive back to Batu Ferringhi. However upon stepping onto the beach, it started to rain. Pathetic but true. I ended getting a foot massage by the beach whilst the 3 boys stared at me and the dude massaging my foot =)
Visited Plaza Gurney. Did some shopping there before gorging at Gurney Drive. I vomitted on our way to meet Victor. Returned to the backpackers' hostel rather late that night. It was rather ironic...me being the princess person I am booked a backpackers place for us to spend the night. It was an experience but given a choice would rather stay somewhere else la. The rooms were super tiny with brick walls, a mattress on the wooden floor and a table fan with mosquito netting. The bare minimum. The bathrooms are shared bathrooms. There were also beds out in the hall. Those cost RM 10 per night. Cheap, right? Well, like I said for the experience, it was fine. However between a hotel and this, a hotel would definitely win.The next morning, we were up early again. We went near the street market (at some random road) to eat. Then we were on our way to Fort Cornwalis. We had a blast there
. Took tons of pics. Especially love the one Joshy and I took at the swing. The one with the hotness of our bums personified =P Yung Leong was hilarious. He kept snapping pics. All throughout the time at this place, I was busy sms'ing my cell girls and liasing with AJ about the upcoming combined cell dinner we were to have on Saturday. So was pretty much in a daze. I was also rather "ngm kam yuin" that we did not get a chance to play at the beach as it was raining cats and dogs the day earlier. Sigh. I mean all the way to Penang and not get to play at the beach? At the end of the visit there, Kenneth agreed to go to the beach. So we went and sat on a banana boat ride. It was nice but not particularly thrilling, if you get my drift. It was just lovely to have the wind beat my face and hear the sea. As we were nearing the end of the banana boat ride, the dude driving the motorboat made a sharp turn. Next thing I knew, I realise that Yung Leong's shirt was in the sea. I was shocked. Then looked carefully (I wasn't wearing my specs, mind you) I realised that it was Yung Leong in the sea!!! So we all hurried to pull him up. But I was already laughing so hard. The dude is funny.
We changed in the hotel's washroom and made our way to eat cendol. Then made our way back to Taiping to fetch Samuel Chummy. The car ride back to KL was a long journey. We left Penang around 2pm only to arrive KL around 9pm. Man, it was long. But the ride back was funny with the farts that Joshy gave Sam in the face. Oh ya, we did stop for a break which we had Baskin Robbins ice-cream and Dunkin Donuts.
Overall, a satisfying trip. Another significant thing which happened during the trip was that I was given a promise by a close friend. Stared and read that promise about a billion times and at that point, my heart felt like it was going to fall but I held myself. Needed confirmation which didn't happen during that trip. Oh well....life goes on. Definitely going back to Penang again. Possibly one of the most romantic places in Malaysia =)





I am reminded of why I love water.
No comments:
Post a Comment