Read the comment by anonymous in Meng Hong's blog. It is as follows:-
its strange how sometimes we only appreciate and acknowledge certain ppl in our lives, yet neglecting others who also care for us..
I was quite taken aback when I read the comment above. It is obvious that anonymous cares for Meng Hong and possibly has a tinge of jealousy there. I could be wrong. Or how else would that person come to the conclusion that by acknowledging one is a direct indication of neglect for another?
its strange how sometimes we only appreciate and acknowledge certain ppl in our lives, yet neglecting others who also care for us..
I was quite taken aback when I read the comment above. It is obvious that anonymous cares for Meng Hong and possibly has a tinge of jealousy there. I could be wrong. Or how else would that person come to the conclusion that by acknowledging one is a direct indication of neglect for another?
Anyway, it did get me thinking. Do I feel that way at times? Do I feel that when a good friend of mine acknowledges someone else, do I feel neglected? Guess to be truthful, yes, I would to. But I would also question myself. I mean there have been times when I have cared for certain people like perhaps 80% (just for example sake) but the other party only cares for me perhaps 10%. Sometimes we perceive the level of our friendships are mutual but often times they are not. It happens. And sometimes we don't realise that we care for a particular someone till we lose them. Or sometimes we don't realise the people we consider as friends are not quite who we thought they were. I mean there are many scenarios that can take place.
However, I won't conclude so easily that the acknowledgement of one friend is the neglect of another unless perhaps the two parties involved are enemies or not good terms. What do you think?
1 comment:
erm... you can refer to my blog comments... i still can't finish thanking each and every person. =p
if we want to acknowledge one by one... blogger will have to shut down all the blogs and left with one open, just to thank the people who are involved.
just unwise to think that fail to acknowledge is to neglect others.
in other words, it is a kid's comment.
something similar to "i don't want to fwen you because you didn't say hi to me."
Post a Comment