Monday, August 28, 2006

The uncertainty of life continues...

I received confirmation at 2:36 am on Sat that Xyratex is no longer required to perform the S404 audit on the 2005 financial year as the US Registrant came out with this new ruling that certain entities were exempted. Hmmmm.....to say that the ups and downs of this pending assignment has truly been a living torture for me. You know how I hate the uncertainty in such matters. Makes planning for anything a tough task.
Anyway, I had a choice this morning to either tell Kak Nita (my administrator) that I am no longer required to do Xyratex or start sourcing for assignments. Guess which option I chose? You're right. Anyway, I didn't want to do any ordinary audit. Craving for some new challenge. Thank God for nice managers. The first manager I approached decided to let me do something which I have no experience in. Possibly a good learning experience. And the other blessing in disguise, I can possibly to it with a good friend of mine, Kah Leng. Sweet, isn't he?
Looking forward to a relaxing week. Had a blast yesterday. Church was as usual in the morning. Had breakie with my team member, Jess. Hilarious really? Cos she was asking hypothetical questions e.g. if i were married, a mum of 2 kids, one in secondary school, the other in primary, and a housewife, what would i do? Would I clean the house every day? Or what? Amusing, really. Cos I think I can actually be a houswife but have yet to find a single friend of mine to agree with me. ALL have said a definite NO. Goodness, why can't people believe that I can be anything I choose to be?
And then there was church. Was inspired by the sermon. Like my life really is full of shit sometimes. I run about doing a lot of stuff. It truly depicts this stage of my life which I can only term as "empty". Strange really if you think about it. I spend a lot of time on my youth group and work. And yet I feel nothing. Of course, I am not discarding the fact that this empty feeling comes and goes at times. So what am I doing about it? Well, like in any state of lost and confusion, I just do what needs to be done whilst waiting for a breakthrough.
Had lunch with Minnie Sue, Su-Lyn and Jade. We practically drove round the Sunway commercial area 4 times looking for parking before we decided we will go to Medan for lunch. On our way to Medan, we thought it'll be better to eat at A&W, which was below standard from the time I was a kid. Then went back to snooze away =P
Later went to the Curve with Kah Leng. Had a blast sweating my pores away at the bazaar. Not sure why but I really like the bazaar but can't stand the parking.
Well, need to get back to work. Will blog again if some random interesting thought crosses my mind. Till then....

No comments: