Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Intrigued with creative people

Today has been a rather interesting day. Met with an accident on Sunday. Someone hit my car from behind. Anyway, the guy was a real gentleman. At least from first impression. He gave me some cash to pay for the damages first.
Well the car was fixed by yesterday evening and still had RM 50 left. Decided to give the guy back the cash though it's not close to a million bucks. Figured his car was pretty damaged and any bit of money would help.
Messaged the dude and enquired how he would want me to pass the cash to him. We decided that the transfer through internet would be most convenient.
Found out he's a photographer. How interesting! I don't have a friend who is a photographer or anything close to creative. I must admit that my view of people who are more inclined toward the artsy fartsy stuff is not all that great. Guess the thing that comes to mind is that they're probably so unpredictable and moody. However the events of the last few weeks have made me more open to branding people as it were.
I mean....I always thought the professsionals ie doctors, engineers, accountants, etc were the stable people. Very predictable. Very loyal. Very rationale. I was and am clearly been proven wrong.
Well it was a lesson well learnt. Sometimes in life, chances should be given to those who treasure the opportunity. To those who would fight for your well being. To those who would stand by you. To those who are not easily swayed by others.
At this juncture, I am glad that from the accident....I made a new acquaintance. A pleasant surprise indeed. Guess Sunday wasn't that bad after all. Made a new friend. And was jolted from lala land to realise another friend doesn't really treasure me.
I am amused.

No comments: