Monday, August 21, 2006

Friendship

The other day I wrote a poem on my friendster blog. It goes as follows:-

Friendship is a journey,
Through the sea of humanity,
A sense deep within the heart,
That is so difficult to part.


That's why so many people,
Despite all its hurt and trouble,
Still give friendship a try,
Because inside they're so dry.

Friendship is like a treasure,
So valuable and without measure,
Though it makes us vulnerable,
Pricking sadness that's unbearable.

Friendship - gift from heaven above,
That pours out hope, faith and love,
It makes life a lot easier to bear,
With the thought of someone there.

Friendship is the act of risk taken,
Cos' many hearts are often seen broken,
Like they say, when there's no pain,
There is absolutely nothing to gain.

Strange enough I was tested with my feelings and stand toward friendship. I have not figured it all out but I suppose in more ways than one, I am still as disgusted as ever with someone who hides the truth from me or to be more blunt, someone who lies. It makes me wonder what is the truth and the lie. Brings back alot of unwanted memories as well.

Decided not to think about it. I cannot control another person's behaviour or attitude toward me. But I can respond positively to this. I have allowed it to affect me quite a bit ie sleepless nights. Like I tell Abel. Shit happens. Well, guess there is nothing I can do about it. Shall let time reveal all. Meantime I ain't waiting for more shit to befall me. Shall move on and do what needs to be done. Talk is cheap. Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry to cause you problems, due to my immaturity and irresponsibility...

no doubt, actions always speak louder than words.

time will tell whether this friendship worth to pursue or not.