Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Is life as it should be?

Just came back from milkshake session with my good friend. As I was driving toward the cafe, I was half thinking what our conversation would be. Anyhow after ordering my banana milkshake (which is incidentally half of a favourite since I like chocolate banana shakes better), we just chatted and chatted.

Guess many things are presently "wrong" in our lives, especially in my friend's life. To summarise the many "wrongs" would be as follows :-
(a) Not being able to be together with the man she loves as he is of another race. Major mum objection from his side. Not hers. Total bummer cos hey, how often do we find someone we love and who loves us back, right?
(b) Being stuck in a job she completely dislikes and would rather do something more bazaar and entertaining for a living.
(c) Having to study for exams but nothing seems to be going in. (bet my youths can identify with this).

I'm sure there is more shit but I think this pretty much sums the significant ones.

Surprisingly, another friend of mine in the early evening messaged me about how angry he is with the day. Everything apparently went wrong. This "wrong" word seems to be creeping up too often. And how he feels like strangling someone and chewing someone's head off. Hahaahahaha.......hilarious really!!!! Ok .....ok....in his moment of anger, I shall contain myself. He was angry at everything really. Photostat shop, lunch food stunk, people, etc. I told him to take a warm shower then got a reply that there was no hot water. I was like "huh, mai ah ma".

And then just before I was to leave for yum cha, another friend messaged me saying that how it still hurts "breaking up". Not sure how one breaks up when one is supposedly not together unless one is lying. Hmmmm....Food for thought.

Then there is the ever faithful complainer of the "I hate my job". The complaints are daily and never vary. Boredom to the person listening to them. But this is only shows that my friend seriously needs to go job hunting before her own voice kills her =P

And we have not counted the so called "wrongs" in my life.

So here I am seated in front of the laptop, thinking ...... "God, are You there?". Tonight probably a billion girls are asking you why they cant be with the love of their lives or why they have not met the love of their lives? And probably some praying earnestly for breakthroughs in their finance or studies or work or some other area in their life?

I know deep down inside me that it could be a whole lot worst for people so I am not going to be stupid and ask whether things could be worse cos I know it can.
Today, I read Proverbs 16 which speaks about dependence on God and believing that He is truly sovereign. Also read about how God allows evil to happen (though it is not from Him) but He makes it work for our good at the end of day.
God, I trust You are sovereign. I bring my friends and myself before You. God, you know the heartaches. You know the secret hurts. The times when crying just doesnt help. The moments when releasing anger just doesn't do justice. Lord, I ask for Your favor, for Your divine intervention for breakthroughs in the different people in the different areas. I ask for Your protection over us. Pray that Your angels will watch over us. In Your precious name. Amen.
P/S: Love you lots.
Been wondering.....is life as it should be? Or is there more than this?