Sunday, September 10, 2006

Mudd's 51st Bday







Went to Las Caretas and celebrated Mudd's 51st Birthday. The actual day was yesterday but we went back to Popo's house to makan so tonight decided to do it together, just the 3 of us. So funny. When we arrived at the restaurant, the waiter asked us how many persons, dad actually said 4. I had to tell dad that Jo is still in the UK.
I wanted to eat my usual meal which is fish. Mind you, this is only my 2nd time in this place. I don't frequent this joint. Very expensive. And prefer Fridays anytime. Anyway, my parents insisted I need to eat ribs/ steak. Cos I NEVER eat those. Truth being told cos I hate it when it's not tender and it is difficult to swallow so never bothered to venture into it. So tonight was the first time I allowed someone else to order my own food. We're not couunting the times when I was little k.
Anyway, what can I say? My mum is simply a superwoman. She is one of the most capable persons I have ever met in my life. She's a real rock in this family. And thank God for her. Sometimes dad can be a real guy and it's nice to mum being sweet about stuff.
I am grateful mum survived cancer and is alive. You know....she only told Jo and me she was going to surgery the night before the surgery. We never suspected anything. She didn't want us to worry. And she didn't even allow us to be at the hospital during that time. She said she didn't want our routine to be disrupted. Mum is super sacrificial. Still remember when she was in the hospital, dad told us actually mum isn't upset about anything other than the fact that she wants to see us grow up , get married and have kids. Can I say that because of this I want to make sure I marry well?
I once dated a guy that my mum really didn't like and my life nearly ruined because of him. It brought so much pain to her, more than anyone else. Want to make her proud.
To all my youths....today you think you cant' stand the shit you're parents put you through. Trust me, nothing can replace family. Definitely not your friends. Treasure them while they're alive so when they're gone, you will not regret.
To my mummy, for all that you have done and are to me. Thanks for loving me. Hugs.
P/S: people say I look like my mum. Dad says I act like my mum. I say no comments =P

11 comments:

just me said...

i think u look like mom. obvious. too obvious but act like neither.
dunno which is worse. to be like that or to be like me - look like dad, act like dad. sigh ...

amen to all the stuff u wrote ...

Ge Wong said...

u act like dad meh? u study like mudd wor apparently. u steady la. totally not neat and definitely not fussy so definitely not like mudd. but like dad? hmmmm.....how?

Abel Cheah said...

somehow i find the second picture VERY amusing... hahah

halomango said...

agree with abel...

bleks.

just me said...

like mudd in some ways also la. not so clean freak but my things r in sequence. i get mad at u when u dun put my stuff back ... IN SEQUENCE. i think the whole eu family got a bit of OCD la. dad and his, 'everything must b done yesterday'. mom and her 'everything must be clean', me and my 'it must be in sequence', u ... hmm .. used to b the fact u always buy something no matter wat ocassion u walk into the mall for or even if there is no ocassion. now bit better dy but think it still runs in u la. so .. whole family got OCD. sigh ......

Ge Wong said...

i was munching on some tortillas. dad gungho taking pics with yoyo's camera. was trying not to laugh and spit the tortillas =P

Ge Wong said...

what is OCD? and pls la, I am not a shopaholic k. I buy stuff to bless people and to look pretty ma.

halomango said...

pardon me...

joyce, what is OCD?

i think your dad likes yoyo's camera a lot, saw him snapping photos in the morning prayer, then sunday service... =)

jaclyn said...

OCD-Obsessive Compulsive Disorder..
Eh i think u're mixed ur dad n mum's looks la.. Somehow i alwiz see a little of ur dad when i look at u.. lol!

chewie™ said...

in the third pic, u look like u couldn't finish what was on the plate....

Ge Wong said...

Chewie : You're right. i couldn't....by the time i finish munching the tortillas and eating some of the mussels, i could have just gone home and would not have complained. But the place is great but still prefer Fridays. Everything there is so expensive!!!!