Sunday, September 10, 2006

Runaway Bride

I have always viewed my relationship with Christ as one with her best friend. At times, it is as one with her father. Whenever I have to imagine myself with Him, it will always be me at the swing in the park, chattering/ crying my heart out.
The last few weeks have been very rough inside. And I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet. Of course, He continues to speak to me in many ways although I cannot always fathom His ways and thoughts.
A few days ago, I had the sense of hopelessness and wanting to walk away from the people and things that I have worked almost half my life for. When He gently told me this and as He is telling me again a few seconds ago when the same hopelessness swept over me.
I have always been fascinated with older couples who have been able to be loyal and faithful to each other. People who started right and have purposed in their hearts to end well together. And it is true that in the Bible, the church is said to be His Bride. And we as individuals as well.
He said to me that we're in this together. And though many emotions may run through me, we have committed to be in this together. I have committed to be in this. And for that, I should stay if not for anything else.
Strange isn't it? Love is a state many crave to be in and yet we often times forget that it entails many things, both the good and the bad. One of the things that crossed my mind is marriage. I must not compromise. Must not succumb to peer pressure (more like youth pressure). Must not lose focus on what needs to be done. Must not forget to trust Him. The One who holds all things in its place.
So for the first time in my life, I see myself as His Bride. That I took that step of faith and committed to this. And I should try very hard to honor my word. I can only hope and pray I can.

No comments: