I've been watching for some time now. Looking at him find his place in this world. And although many a time, I know he has much room for improvement, I also see how very little attention and sensitivity he gets from the very people who claim to care about him.
My latest observation was the irony of seeing him having to be part of something, declaring to the world his love for his parents and asking them, whether he makes them proud in front of a crowd of 800+ persons is not what I had in mind as therapeutic for anyone who has been through what he has been through.
I was told he was "encouraged" to be involved at the very last juncture. (This last minute habit confirms the right decision to walk out cos they never seem to learn so as long as it isn't some important persons' cell member. Sigh). And so there he was to sing to his dead parents whilst the world never cared an ounce of his feelings.
Today I look at him with more admiration than the day before, for I see someone who has braced through much insensitivity and wasn't given much 2nd thought.
For some are called leaders for positions bestowed to them. For others, they are leaders for they battle to live the best they can in the worst of conditions. They make a difference in their own little way though they are not committe members nor popularised by others nor hold fancy positions. They are the unsung heroes.
Whoever is providing leadership needs to be as fresh and thoughtful and reflective as possible to make the very best fight. - Faye Wattleton.
His brother and I are very proud of him.
And I am sure his parents are VERY PROUD of him
For all of us, the question should not be about whether we hold a position or not but whether we are worthy of our call.
p/s: the irony of the song chosen is that it was the very song his brother dedicated to his mother when she had just gone to heaven.
http://halomango.blogspot.com/2006/11/little-dedication.html
Monday, August 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment