Monday, May 11, 2009

Together

It's been a little after 6 months since I've married MH. It has been quite a journey. People say that adjusting to marriage would take some time. Guess for me, it's a little different. MH and I have his brother staying with us. We're raising a teenager. It's like we skipped the whole kindy, primary, first half of secondary and tada, here we are.

We're also coping and adjusting to running a home together. Let's say that having your own home is no joke what with bills and more bills to pay. Also trying first hand at cooking (though this isnt my favourite part of the job). To cope with the financial responsibilities, MH and I give tuition, run an accesories blog and a one off time whereby I marked Sunway TES ACCA internal papers. So every week is such busyness, it's unbelievable.

Some people think we're being dished money to us. Some others just cant be bothered. And sometimes...just random moments....I am envious of the lives of others but then I am reminded that I am afterall, married to the man I love and I would not have wanted it any other way.

My couzy messaged me today and said, "1 envy u being home with family and have a man that adores u" and "u have a good life and u are doing a good thing by raising mh's bro".

Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes it gets overwhelming and I wonder whether I'll make it through till the end. Sometimes we cry together cos we aren't sure whether there is going to be enough. Sometimes we worry cos we wonder whether MC will turn out alright. Sometimes we wish we had a whole lot more. Sometimes we wish things were different.

However, I am reminded once again, we have much to be grateful for. We have each other. Reading MH's blog entry dated 05 February 2007 and it is entitled "Together" and it has this in bold " Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success". and it continues to with :

"I am glad that we are together and walking towards the same direction, Grace. =)"

To my darling husband:
I am glad that we are together, dear and walking towards the same direction.

We'll pul through this together.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Cousy,
You are going to make me cry! *sob*

Mandy Khoo said...

Marriage is not about marrying 2 love birds only but also both families. Sound uneasy hor...but love and compromises from two of you may make everything worthy.

苦中带甜。。

jessytheklchic said...

that's really something...
hope that I would be able to say that after 6 months of marriage. =)

Mh said...

Grace,
It take a lot of courage and faith to do what you and MH did. You might not feel rich in the ways where most people presumed rich to be , by I see a very "rich" person when I look at you. You have a rich life...trust me, girl!

HUGS!!!!