Monday, September 03, 2007

P.S. I Love You

Just finished reading Cecilia Ahern's "P.S.I love you". In between tears, rubbing of eyes and nose blowing, I was and am reminded that some things do last forever.


The story is about a young widow who had just lost her husband to brain tumor. Her husband had left her a stack of letters, one letter for each month till the end of the year. Each month there was a short note from him as well as instructions for the lady. One of which was to sing in a karaoke. Another was to get a job as she had previously resigned to care for him when he was ill. The last letter was telling her to not be afraid to fall in love again.


I have never lost a husband before, but I do know the feeling of losing someone you love. And the pain seems to be there forever. However, it is at moments like these, that I am gently reminiscent of a simple truth. To appreciate the ones you love now......and not leave it to another time or another day.
Last night, the family went out for dinner to celebrate my parents 27th wedding anniversary. Looking at them made me smile.....glad that they are so committed to each other. Truly their commitment has been a source of strength to the stability of the family.


Today was an extremely pleasant evening. Had dinner with Jus, AJ, my sis and Mengs. And my sweetheart gave me a pleasant surprise. He gave me the below.



Thanks, dear....for being so sweet as always.
P.S. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, i feel the fluffy-ness of it all. =]

I cried after reading the book too. =P

jessytheklchic said...

btw when will i get back the book? xD